Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sarah's Kale Salad

My neighbor Sarah got back to me with her kale salad dressing/marinade recipe:

2 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs Bragg's
1 Tbs lemon juice

Hers was less sweet than the other, which makes sense, and was really delicious.

The vegan detox-y limps along. Last night we went to a big potluck, which turned out to be less of a challenge than I thought but had some pitfalls. I stuck to the more raw-looking things and think that went fine, but the wheat avoidance was harder. Jake handled our contribution and made a pasta salad that he is literally in love with, so I had to try some lest I deeply offend. It was pretty great. Farfalle bowties with green and calamata olives, artichoke hearts, diced carrots, mushrooms that were marinated in the liquid that the artichokes came in, some green onions and parsley. He's great at dressing salads and just throws in olive oil and vinegar, salt and pepper and some garlic salt, but it seems slightly different each time. Good work Jake! So-so work for me on the no processed and/or wheat-less front, but I'm ok with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment